As Europe faces the inevitable collapse of the Euro, the entire world system, including the United States, also has to prepare for the crises. Many turn a blind eye, shrugging the news off as another Y2K scare, but is it really? It is not just predicted, but anticipated, that by 2014 the United States economy which has already been in dire straits will take an even deeper economic nose dive that could cause civil unrest and chaos around the world.
2012 – The End of the World?
Apocalyptic fright has been around before Orson Well’s “War of the Worlds” hoax, which has made some in our society skeptical, while others paranoid in the preparation for the end. Most conspiracy theorists will tell you that they don’t believe that 2012 is the end of the world, but many in the spiritual community will confirm that 2012 is the end of the world as we know it, and this could be directly contributed to the collapse of world currency, which could create a domino effect into the end of international trade and a shortage in food.
Items for Preparation
So how do we prepare for a crisis without our relatives and friends wondering if you’ve watched “Hunger Games” too many times? There is a difference in being prepared and striking fear in your friends, family and community. Each household and community is different, but there are several key items that should be considered when putting together your crises stock.
· Gold as currency
· Staples – at least a month’s supply
· Canned Foods – at least a month’s supply
· Powder or condensed milk
· Seeds – to grow your own food.
o By purchasing organic seeds/heritage seeds, this will help you continue to grow foods for years to come.
· Cast iron pots, pans and kettles
· Livestock, with adequate feed.
o Hens, chicken and even goats will be helpful.
· Gardening tools
· Fishing rods and nets
· Storage jars for canning
o 1 Gallon per person per day
· Barrels (for rain)
· Seasoned firewood
· Saw and hatchet
· Thermal wear – hats, vests, tops, leggings and socks
· Blankets, scarves, warm coats, hats, gloves
· Fruit trees
· First aid kit
· Toothbrushes, toothpaste, mouthwash
· Wind up radio
· Wind up torches
· Mouse and rat traps
· Light bulbs
· Bicycles and repair kits
· Reading glasses
· Manual can opener
· Water purification systems
o This doesn’t necessarily have to be a gun. A sword, a knife, a bow, etc.
· Extra propane tank (filled)
· Gas for the generator
· Battery-operated radio
· Satellite Telephone
· Toilet Paper
· Laundry Detergent/Bleach
What You Can Do Now to Prepare
· Learn how to garden.
· Plant a garden. If you are living in a city and don’t have the land, you can either garden with containers or start a community garden.
· Plant fruit trees.
· Take a first aid course.
· Locate a natural remedy practitioner in your community and keep their details to hand.
· Have a written list compiled of names and numbers of family and friends.
· If you have the room, purchase livestock (hens, chickens, etc).
· Get into shape with bicycle.
· Practice starting a fire.
· Get trained on your chose of weapon.
· Be conservative with financial investments and further purchases.
Many of the above items listed you can find your government preparation websites, but there are several things that they fail to mention. Although they may tell you to stay calm, you should also remain positive throughout the crises. Just as the Law of Attraction states that we receive what we put out, it is important to remain as positive as possible throughout the ordeal. The final important thing is to make friends. By creating an alliance of friends, you can create a village of sorts and share in crops, supplies, barter and assist one another in chores.
We can only hope that the preparations are for naught, but if the predictions ring true, in some way all of your work will be beneficial in one way or another.
How are you preparing? Or are you? Do you think this is hogwash? I would love to hear!