Thursday, June 7, 2012

Stalking the Haunted

My entire life has evolved around the paranormal. If it didn’t find me, I sought it. Lunch hours were frequently taken at the local historical cemetery where I would have peaceful conversations with those crossed over, and ghosts-in-waiting. Not once during my excursions did I stomp and storm about forcing them to show themselves, or demanding them to make lights flicker on my meters or enforcing that they move a toy. Well, it did (and still does) help that I am a Medium and can see, sense, hear and communicate with those on the Other Side of life. Just as many, I have watched my fair share of paranormal shows. Some I love, some I tolerate and then there are are some that I just shake my head at in total disgust. If you have attended any of the ghost tours, ghost hunts or overnights that I have hosted, you know that the first thing I say is that ghost hunting is as exciting as watching paint dry.  And the next thing that I say is to respect the spirits and ghosts as we live as one, under a different sky, a different paradigm, but still as one. So yelling and screaming in their home, at them, requesting them to do circus tricks that the family dog, if he could, would more than likely exchange some chose words after the request…well, it just doesn’t cut it. It is disrespectful. Even snapping zillions of photographs, as if you are the paranormal paparazzi, is ridiculous.

Recently I have found so-called haunted locations denoting on their contracts that it will not be allowed for anyone in a group to cross over a spirit. That they like their ghosts. I wonder if they would feel the same way if the tables were turned and they missed the last train to Heaven. How they would feel being kept hostage? It is wise to think in paranormal situations as if the person is standing in front of you. Would you tell that person, “Sorry, I like the money that I am making off of you, therefore you aren’t allowed to leave to be with your family?” Although I have come into contact with some soulless people in my lifetime, I doubt that the majority would have the guts to say that. So just because you cannot see these beings, why do so many feel that they have stake in keeping them hostage? They don’t, and shouldn’t, and for those that do just know that there may be a lovely karmic situation for you when you pass.

So is Ghost Hunting entertainment or really something more serious?

Recently I took a group of ghost seekers to the old historic Jackson Prison (1837-1935) in Jackson, Michigan that is now called Armory Arts Village and is housed in in the old historic Jackson Prison. Once what held inmates in four tiers of prison cells is now a beautiful artist community with apartments, condominiums and art studios. But kept intact, is solitary confinement and the old tunnels where unimaginable things happened to the prisoners, for it was ‘out of sight’.  I am cautious where I take the public, as I have gone toe to toe with a demon and survived (obviously), but it is nothing that I would ever recommend to a novice or even an expert investigator. I didn’t feel awful about Michigan’s First State Prison. It felt like a safe place, and I was assured by tenants that although there is so much activity, it has never been negative.

The night wasn’t too eventful until Jackson lost power after a drunk driver ran into a transformer. Most of the group left after that (whether tired or scared…we may never know), and we were left with a core group of investigators interested in venturing down into the tunnel once more. As we sat crouched and waiting, we all began to feel as if we were the ones hunted. The energy shifted into something that felt almost mocking. With our instruments lighting up, a toy car being moved with ethereal hands, we heard whispers. To break up the tension, we decided on a sing along, which entertained both the group and the ghosts. At one point we received a message from a man who wanted to cross over. He was done being stuck. He was done hiding from his judgment, for possibly he had already served it and knew it. So I did what any good investigator should do – I asked the group to help me cross him over. The energy shifted; it lifted. Many in the group sniffled. I cried. I didn’t cry because I was afraid that the next group that I brought in might be ghost-less, I cried because we helped reunite this spirit with his family and friends after so much time.  He may have never received that opportunity if it wasn’t for us. Not once did I think of just walking away from him. Call me a sucker, or a helper, or even a healer, I would refer to the whole group as ghost Samaritans. And maybe that is why the power went out. And maybe that is why we decided to venture down there instead of someone’s apartment which was on the itinerary.  There is nothing random in life, there is always a reason.

When we left, I didn’t feel as if I had given the group an entertaining time. I think some may have left thinking back to the beginning of the lecture and agreeing that ghost hunting was indeed much like watching paint dry and they would probably never do it again. While I think others felt the adrenaline of helping, not just hunting.

So next time you watch one of the paranormal shows, look to see if the teams are mocking, hunting, hurting or healing the field. It will indeed open your eyes to the Other Side. 

Believe,
Kristy
www.tangledwishes.com


P.S. I still have tickets available for the October ghost hunt back at the Old Jackson Prison. 

2 comments: