Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Confessions of an Abnormally Normal Psychic Medium

Since the age of 3 I have seen ghosts and spirits. I see them just as I see normal people, but they have an aura around them that (sometimes) helps me determine if they are alive and breathing in the earthly sense, or alive on the Other Side. And then there are those that are stuck and haven't crossed over and they take on a whole other look to me. I admit that there have been several times that I have had to ask my husband or kids if they see a certain person. The "are you crazy" expression is pretty much my answer.

It took me a long time to confess what I was -who I was. Images of Ms. Cleo and the Psychic Friend's Network always swirled around in my head and since I didn't grow up in a household that accepted astrology, psychics, ghosts, etc it was something obscure and even strange to me. Yes, that did make me think that perhaps I was strange. Alright fine, I'm probably strange, but I think that I am cool and fun strange. Or at least that is what I tell myself, my husband, my kids and my friends. They normally appease me with a nod and a smile, and probably plans to one day put me away.

I didn't one day decide to quit my job and put the Psychic Medium - Open For Business sign on my door. There was a lot of tears, a lot of insecurities and a whole lot of business planning. I didn't want to work in an atmosphere where I had a flashing Psychic sign (been there, done that awful circus act). I wanted an office that was in a professional office building, with normal people (although I think I am more normal than most in my office building -just sayin') and some place where my clients would feel comfortable. Just last week I grinned at a client's outburst. "This is your office? I expected...gee, I don't know what I was expecting, but this wasn't it!" Yes, I do claim to be the abnormally normal Psychic Medium. I would show you a picture of my office, but honestly, you need to come visit for yourself. Take your shoes off, snuggle in my comfy chair and hear what your Guides have to say.

So, where does the confession part come in? Well, here goes....

I'm afraid of the dark. Mainly because the ghosts/spirits often come to me in the dead of night with their tales and it is quite surprising to feel them standing over me. And then open my eyes and take in the unexpected sight. They might have been mangled in an accident, murdered by their lover, or committed suicide. Their wounds still fresh from their passing. It is every child's nightmare. And my life.

I hate the word psychic. Mainly because it conjures up images of crystal balls and fraud.

I can't read Tarot Cards. In fact at one time I was petrified of them. And yet I use them as my conduit to my client's guides. I tell my clients this time and time again, but it is normally the men who still want to know what each card means. I roll my eyes and tell them I can tell them what I believe it means but if they go to a book or the net they will think me crazy.

I get stage fright. I have been in front of thousands of people at one time and I still shake and shiver.

I have been in the presence of evil energy and it is frightening.

I have been in the presence of angels and it is moving. Every time I see an angel, I cry at the overwhelming energy they emit.

I could confess that I am a crier, but that is no confession at all. Most all know that I am sensitive and will cry at a sappy commercial. It is who I am. It also drove my ex-husband nuts. My forever husband cries too (shh...don't tell him I told you) so he gets it.

I have turned down several television shows on major networks, along with several talk shows. Why? I have integrity and I won't sell my soul to put my face in front of millions. I am not against doing a TV show, but I am picky on what it is and the premise of it.

I love doing radio and secretly wish I could be a DJ (that got paid - not just a podcast DJ).

I have a hard time getting a reading from anybody because I don't trust many in this industry. I am not saying that there aren't ethical and fabulous people, I just haven't met many.

And the most prolific one yet - I love owls. There, I said it! The reason why I love owls is because they can see what most can't. Like me. :)

I am sure that I have more confessions, but I can't spill my whole life to you in the first week. You have to keep coming back to read more. I have stories - egad do I have stories. I am so happy to be able to share my journey with you!

Believe,
Kristy

5 comments:

  1. "Normal . . . something. Abbie Normal, I believe."

    K, you are most definitely cool and fun strange, and I like it that way! Partly because it makes me feel not quite so alone in the world, but that's only a small part of it.

    We're just fun peeps. ;>

    ReplyDelete
  2. ".... but it is normally the men who still want to know what each card means. I roll my eyes and tell them I can tell them what I believe it means but if they go to a book or the net they will think me crazy."

    My mother would love reading this. She's always been a natural with the tarot cards, but she goes with her intuition more. She'll look up the meanings, but more than that just trusts her instincts.

    And about the Angels... my mother has never seen one, but she had a dream about one once. It was hugging her. (At least she thinks it was an Angel). She's always said that the love coming from it was overwhelming. Painful even. She says it was very intense.

    Kristin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kristin, it sounds like psi ability runs in your family. You, your mom... :)

      Delete
  3. I think that sometimes we rely on earthly tools to validate the intuition. Growth comes in believing you are receiving the messages and that they come from Source straight to your soul.

    My angel experiences have been intense. I will write more about that in later blogs. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kristy you have a wonderful radio voice and who knows- maybe you could have some DJ work in your future! And for the record you *are* a cool and fun strange!

    ReplyDelete