Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Let It Go

“He who angers you conquers you.”

Elizabeth Kenny

One of the characteristics of an Empath is being overly sensitive. That over sensitivity encompasses so many emotions – happiness, joy, sadness, anger, etc. As I age (gracefully, might I add), I have realized that I don’t hold on to the grudges and anger, but I hold on to the sadness. I so want everybody to like me and I have come to realize that not everybody will (boo!). I also have realized just how damaging it can be to hold on to the sorrow of something that you cannot change and that even though it is sadness, it is still a cousin of anger and it effects your whole being; body, mind and spirit. My Spirit Guides happen to have a wonderful sense of humor and they especially hate when I am sad. It’s as if I can hear the flutter of activity in the heavens as my three main Guides attempt to conjure a plan to get me out of the funk as quick as possible. And this go around was no different. As I was driving into my office I replayed scenarios in my head of “what did I do wrong?” to “what could I have done better” to “what’s wrong with me?” when my phone rang. Normally when I am in a funk the last thing that I want to do is answer the phone (yep, I am one of those), but I glanced down at the number and smiled. It was a call from someone that I needed to make an important business decision with and I had been fussing the last couple months asking for a sign on what to do and when to do it (yeah, I know a bit cryptic, but right now that is all ya get). My sign came during a sad day. My scenarios disappeared with my Guides telling me to stop owning other people’s issues and to move forward. To move on. There’s a quote that says “I don't have to attend every argument I'm invited to.” And to that I say AMEN!


Believe,

Kristy


3 comments:

  1. What an important lesson Kristy. There is no reason for us to hand over our power to someone by letting them anger us or make us sad! Instead I am ready to take ownership of my emotions instead of letting them be controlled by others.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thankyou for this message.....wonderful advice!! :))

    ReplyDelete
  3. This post really resonates with me, as my brother has affected this family (especially my Mom) in such a negative light lately. I finally got to the point where I decided to just "let it go."

    Well, it's a work in progress and I am constantly reminding my mother to focus more on herself. (Which is trying for her, considering she's a great Mom).

    But yes... great advice here. It's difficult, but a definite NECESSITY if one wants better health and happiness.

    Kristin

    ReplyDelete